**How To Obtain Your Medical Records**March 12, 2020
In order to get a medical marijuana card, you have to provide medical records that show you have one or more of the “qualifying conditions” under Ohio law. A medical record is something from a doctor or other health care professional that states you have the condition or conditions. (Our website lists the 21 qualifying conditions that Ohio recognizes.) A bill from your doctor or any form you fill out yourself is NOT a medical record. The fastest way to get your card is to be sure Ohio Green ReLeaf has your records at the time of your visit.
There are five ways to get medical records to us:
(1) If you have paper copies of your records, you can either scan and upload them to our website or bring in copies when you visit. We’ll make copies since Ohio requires us to keep them for three years.
(2) You can fill out the release form on our website and electronically sign it. We’ll fax it to your doctor. This usually is the slowest way to get medical records. We will need your Doctors office number and fax number.
(3) You can print the release form, sign it, and hand-deliver it to your doctor’s office (or to the hospital, if you were hospitalized because of your qualifying condition). Don’t expect that they will give your records while you are standing there, though.
(4) If your doctor or hospital uses MyChart, you can ask for your records after you log on to the MyChart site. Here’s how: (a) Under the “Messaging” tab, select “request your doctor’s office record.” If you’ve been in the hospital because of your qualifying condition, also select “request your hospital record.” It might take a few days for those records to become available. (B) When you’re notified that the records are ready, go back into MyChart. Under the “Health” tab, go to “Document Center” and then “Visit Records.” From there choose either the last visit to your doctor or the “Lucy Summary.” Download those records and either bring copies with you or upload them to our website.
(5) Fax them directly to us: 513-802-5324